Website Black & Veatch
Assist the proposal team with the preparation, assembly, and submittal ofassigned Energy Expanded Scope proposals. Assigned proposals are generally of small to moderate scope and normal risk profile. Accountable for assisting in completion of proper risk reviews for hte assigned proposals and reviewing cost estimates and commercial and technical exceptions with all proposal team members. Provide proposal management support to Proposal Manager.
- . Supports the proposal effort on assigned proposals based on guidelines set by the Proposal Review Board (PRB) . Assists in coordination with business partners to establish the proposal schedule and seeks resources from the Director, Proposal Management to support the proposal schedule . Interfaces with Proposal Coordinators to collaborate on writing, editing, production, assembly, and delivery of assigned proposals . Tracks assigned Expanded Scope prospects and proposals within the ECRM system and updates and reports the status of those proposals to Director of Proposals and to expanded Scope senior management as appropriate . Active implementation of proposal process improvements, incorporation of lessons learned and cost reduction ideas, and analysis of market intelligence of competitors . Participate in proposal plan and schedule development
- Ensure Senior Proposal Manager and project management participation in the proposal process including active participation in the project execution plan and review of critical commercial terms of the contract . Participate as required in BOQ reconciliation meetings and Cost Review Board meetings
- Follow up on CRB actions and alignment of cost assumptions and RFP clarifications . Assists in the coordination and integration of reviews by legal, contracts, insurance, finance, treasury, and tax support groups for assigned proposals . Assists in the negotiations with clients, business partners and key suppliers as requested . Obtains direction from Senior Proposal Manager or Director of Proposals for the business deal points for each assigned proposal . Coordinate proposal procurement planning sessions with the Procurement Manager including the development and application of global sourcing strategies, supplier and subcontractor alliances, and bid tab reviews . Coordinate project schedule development with Project Controls including development of manpower loading, schedule metrics, and coordination of cash flows . Facilitate interface with Black and Veatch Construction staff or Construction partners regarding proposal deliverables required . Implement Living Quality Behavior concepts and provide quality observations on ongoing proposal efforts
- Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, in accordance with Energy Policies, Standards and Guides
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of industry including all types of power plants; takes initiative (); understanding of financial metrics including PGM, revenue, and overhead costs (Business Acumen); commercial/business knowledge of contracts; Excellent communications/human relations skills (written, verbal, client service); Ability to sell; strong negotiating skills and persuasive skills (Negotiating); Good writing skills (Written Communication); Ability to interface with diverse personalities; Strong problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve) (Problem Solving); Conflict management skills; Project management skills
5+ years of project or proposal experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bv.com.